Learn the Basic and Advanced Safe Food Handling Techniques with an Online Course
You probably know how important safe food handling is as a food business owner or as someone who works in this industry. But while you can learn many of the best food handling practices from various resources online, attending a safe food handling course is highly recommended because the law requires such training. By enrolling in a course, you can get certified—which means that you will have proof of compliance.
You don’t have to attend classes or institutions personally because there are many nationally accredited courses online that you can take instead. However, you need to complete the course and pass the exam to get your safe food handling certificate. You have to learn about the basic practices of safe food handling as well as the other techniques. Here’s a brief list of the topics that will be covered in the course.
- Food safety laws and regulations in Canada and responsibilities
- Causes of food-borne illness and ways to prevent them
- Personal hygiene & workplace behaviour
- Proper food handling methods
- Industry-standard cleaning and sanitizing methods in the workplace
- Best practices for effective food premise maintenance and pest control methods
- Safe and proper purchasing, receiving, and storing of food
- Proper serving and dispensing of food
The advantage of online courses is that you enjoy the flexibility to learn anytime and anywhere at your own pace. The provider will give you 24/7 access to the course and learning materials, usually for 30 to 60 days.
Of course, you want to ensure that the safe food handling certificate you will get will be accepted and recognized by health units across Canada. To do this, you have to look for credible providers. Before enrolling, check if the provider is accredited by health inspectors, health departments, and other relevant organizations.
Food establishments are held at a higher standard by the government, especially by national health…Read More >>