Frequently Asked Questions
Probe It Food Safety Inc. is accepting applications from individuals who are restaurant owners, managers, executive/sous chefs, and corporate trainers/instructors.
If you do not meet the above profile and still wish to apply, please complete the required application and your application will be assessed.
Probe It Food Safety Inc. reserves the right to approve or reject any person for any reason that wishes to become our Certified Trainer. Successful applicants will be contacted.
Our train-the-trainer course is available both online and in-class.
Course Length: 8 hours
Topics: Understanding Training and Facilitation, Gathering Materials, Creating a Lesson Plan, Choosing activities, Preparing for the Workshop, Getting Off on the Right Foot, Delivery Tips and Tricks, Keeping it Interactive, Dealing with Difficult Participants, Tackling Tough Topics
Compatible Devices: Computer, tablet, mobile phone (Android, iOS)
Course Length: 14 hours
Topics: The Training Function, Teaching Adults, Creating Competency profiles, Determining Training Needs, Evaluating Training Effectiveness
Location: Course is instructed by our in-class Partner SAIT (Southern Alberta Institute of Technology). Please click here to register for an upcoming session.
Special Note: Please contact us at email@example.com if you need to book a train-the-trainer course at your location.
Individuals who do not need to take the Train-the-Trainer program are the following:
1. Anyone who as completed a trainer program with an accredited organization approved to provide the trainer program.
2. Public Health Inspectors (or equivalent)
3. Registered dietitian/nutritionist
4. Professors, Instructors, Teachers
5. Corporate trainers in any food related organization
- A solid understanding of “Androgogy”, the concepts and principles of teaching adults
- How adults learn
- Learning retention in adults
- Various training styles
- The roles and responsibilities of being a trainer
- Competencies or characteristics of a successful trainer
- Course design: How to create an informative and engaging lesson plan
- Save money
- Train anywhere and anytime you want
- Business Flexibility
- More time to focus on other aspects of your business
- HR professionals
- Restaurant owners
- A desktop computer or laptop running on Windows or MAC:
– Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
– MAC 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12
– Windows Vista is not supported
- A functioning/working microphone
- A working Web cam
- Latest version of Flash
- Reasonable Internet connection speed. (200kb/s)
Remote Proctoring is not currently supported on the following devices:
- Tablets (iOS, Androids and Windows Surface etc.)
- Linux OS
- Mobile Devices (iPhone, Android, HTC etc.)
- Hybrid Devices
Works on all web browsers. It is recommended to have the most up to date version of your web browser
LMS stands for Learning Management System
Remote Proctoring is an online solution that provides on-demand, proctored exams that allows learners to test online, anytime, anywhere, with reliability. This service is available 24/7.
Our LMS and Remote Proctor tools both have separate system requirements
Yes, the food handler certificate is mandatory and is the same certificate that is required by local health authorities.
You can request a full refund up to 5 business days after purchase. No refunds will be given after 5 business days.
You can request a full refund up to 10 business days after purchase provided that the course or exam have not been accessed or started. No refunds will be given after 10 business days or once the course/exam have been accessed.
You will be given 1 hour to complete the online exam.
The course is designed to be completed in 6 hours. However, it can be shorter or longer depending on your food safety experience and knowledge.
You have 30 days from the time of purchase to access the online exam.
The online course will be available for 30 days from the time of purchase.
You will receive your food handler certificate immediately after successfully passing the exam.
Yes, you can access your account 24/7 from your tablet or smart phone that has an internet connection.
- Operating System: Any OS can be used. Devices supported:
- Sound: Basic sound card
- Internet Access Speed: Broadband/High Speed (recommended)
- Web Browser: All current versions (IE version 8 or higher; any versions of Firefox, Chrome, or Safari)
Support is available for customers by contacting our office via phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Support is available during business hours and initial contact with customer is expected between 1-2 days.
The exam for the food safety training is 50 multiple choice questions.
You must obtain a passing grade of 70%, 35 of 50 questions must be correct.